Friday, May 11, 2012

Free Conference Call on Marketing

I am sorry it has been a few weeks since I posted.  I took a couple weeks and had an actual vacation.  I promise I will be writing at least once a week again.

I want to invite you all to a free teleconference on marketing I will be hosting for ARCSI on Tuesday April 15th.  This teleconference will be on the importance of selecting a target market and how to define yours.   I spent 12 years working for Procter & Gamble and they taught me the importance of clearly defined target markets.  No brand can be all things to all people.  To try to do so makes you meaningless.  This is why P&G owns multiple brands in many categories.  Each brand is for a unique set of consumers.  Pantene, Head & Shoulders, Infusium 23, Herbal Essences, Aussie, Sebastian, and Fekkai.  These are all hair care brands owned by one company.  Why wouldn't P&G just do one Mega Brand?  because then it means nothing.  When I say Herbal Essences you know it is a young fun brand.  When I say Head and Shoulders you know it is a Dandruff Shampoo.  When I say Fekkai, if you heard of it, you know it is an exclusive super premium brand.  If you have not heard of it, that is OK, your not supposed to have, that is why it is exclusive.   

It should be as crystal clear to your customers.  Your brand should stand for something unique and the first step of that is finding your target market.  This is the purpose of this call. 

You do need to register because we do limit the number of people on the call but there is no cost.  The link to register is below and I look forward to hearing you all there. 

http://www.arcsi.org/events/event_details.asp?id=230884

No comments: